Friday 15 February 2013

Single on St Valentines

I am always single on St Valentines Day.  Usually I catch a movie at home (usually NOT Before Sunset because Celine's breakdown is a little too raw when I'm reflective).  This year I watched Les Miserables surrounded by couples and enjoyed a good uplifting cry as the last couple of songs washed over me with their melancholic beauty.  So much for dignified defiant singledom.  This year I let it upset me that I was single, alone "on my own".

Anyway I came home and came across something I bookmarked a while back which reminded me that I am single and difficult to love and eccentric but I am me and happy to be me. This inspiring poem and beautiful vimeo video says it far more eloquently than me:

(here is the interview with the poet - http://wellandoftenpress.com/reader/november-2012/to-be-vulnerable-and-fearless-an-interview-with-writer-warsan-shire/)


No comments:

Post a Comment